Fort Worth Injury Attorneys
The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones have experience handling thousands of automobile cases. They ensure all their clients that every possible arrangement has been explored by guiding them through every step of the claims process including health and liability insurers. They work relentlessly to establish liability so that their clients are rightfully compensated for damages accrued after an automobile accident. The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones always start working on their clients’ cases immediately with unparalleled skill and determination. They can represent you in cases including car, truck, motorcycle and drunk driving accidents as well as premises liability.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, you are probably aware of the damaging consequences that follow. Following an accident, you could lose your car or suffer debilitating injuries. Worse yet, you could also lose a loved one as a result of an auto accident. The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones will take care of the difficult paperwork and claims issues so that you can focus only on recovering with peace of mind. They have handled a wide range of cases spanning from injured backs to catastrophic deaths and want you to know that the insurance companies employ hundreds of agents that will work against you with the goal of minimizing the value of your injury claim or deny it completely. The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones work with the goal of adding substantial value to your claim. However, they firmly believe that time is important and that you should contact them as soon as possible after the accident so they can begin gathering evidence and building a strong case. There are five things that the Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones believe can help you increase the value of your claim.
- Do not speak with anyone who is associated with the insurance company regarding your claim. Often, insurance companies will take your statement and try to use it against you by misrepresenting it with the ultimate goal of denying your claim. If they ask you for a recorded statement, you have the right to decline. Always keep in mind that it is their job and goal not to pay claims.
- Do not sign any document without letting the Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones review it first. Insurance companies often try to get people to sign a Release of Claims which could result in you not getting all that is owed to you.
- If possible, document the accident immediately with a camera or phone camera. Also, it is very important to retrieve the contact information for anyone involved in the accident as well as any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention immediately so that any injuries you may have sustained can be treated and documented which can benefit your personal injury claim.
- The sooner you contact Dunham & Jones, the sooner they can begin gathering evidence such as an accident report, witness statement and photographs. In addition to that, they can also assist you in finding a medical doctor and receiving a rental car.
The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones know that you want to be compensated for any damage to your vehicle, lost wages, bodily injuries and suffering. Throughout the entirety of you case, they evaluate all of the details, adding value to each part of the claim. This is how they have achieved results in thousands of auto injury cases and continue to do so. Generally, they can settle cases without having to file a lawsuit, however, they are always prepared and willing to take the insurance company to court should it be necessary.
Getting into any accident can be a frightening situation, especially if it involves a giant truck or tractor that weighs significantly more than your smaller vehicle. Personal injuries and vehicle damage in these kinds of accidents can be devastating. The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones will aggressively investigate your truck accident in order to determine who was responsible for the cause of the accident. When investigating truck accidents, their lawyers will examine several factors that may have caused the accident such as:
- An unlicensed driver
- Poor truck maintenance
- Improper training
- Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations
These are just a few of the factors that Dunham & Jones will examine in your case. They can also review information retrieved from the trucks maintenance records, driver’s log, or satellite tracking system.
Unfortunately, because motorcyclists are so poorly protected, the injuries they sustain in an accident are usually far worse than those in a car. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the odds of being killed in an accident are substantially higher while riding a motorcycle as opposed to riding in a regular vehicle. The injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can be as severe and serious as spinal cord injury, multiple fractures, brain injuries and internal injuries. If a loved one has been killed or injured or you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, the Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones can accurately represent you and fight to make sure you are fully compensated for any and all damages.
Drunk Driver Accidents
Unfortunately, Texas was number one in drinking and driving deaths in 2009 with 47% of all auto fatalities being alcohol related. If someone has injured or killed a loved one because they decided to be irresponsible, Dunham & Jones want to make sure that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. If the person who caused the accident was above the legal limit, .08 blood alcohol level, they will not only fight to make sure you are compensated for medical expenses, pain and suffering, property damage and lost wages, but will also seek punitive damages as well. Victims of drunk driving accidents can often sustain serious injuries that can lead to disability or death. This is why Dunham & Jones, and their Fort Worth injury attorneys, believe it is crucial their clients receive the best representation.
If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you could be eligible for compensation from the property owner to cover medical expenses and other damages. In premises liability cases, you must be able to prove that the property owner or possessor owed the injured person a duty of care or that they breached that duty of care. Determining the duty of care depends largely on the relationship between the person injured and the property owner or possessor. The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones will work around the clock, gathering evidence and examining several factors such as:
- Failure to repair or effectively warn of defective property conditions, such as a broken hand rail
- Failure to maintain the property in a way as to prevent injury to the public
- Employee negligence such as injuring a customer while performing duties
- Failure to correct hazardous conditions that may cause someone to fall like wet floors or falling merchandise
- Failure to install adequate security devices such as locks and lights. Also, failure to warn customers of dangerous criminal activity on the premises
The Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones examine every case with a comprehensive knowledge of injury law, collecting every detail whether big or small to ensure their clients receive the maximum results from their case.
Fort Work Injury Attorneys
If you or someone you know has been injured in an car, truck, motorcycle or drunk driving accident or at someone else’s premises, contact the Fort Worth injury attorneys at Dunham & Jones by calling (817) 888-8888.
They will guide you through the complexities of the claims process and make sure you are not being taken advantage of by insurance companies. Time is crucial though and the sooner you contact their law firm, the sooner they can begin gathering evidence to ensure you are rightfully compensated.